If You Fail To Plan, You Plan To Fail. (The Bug Out Plan)
Updated: Sep 2, 2020
Why do I need a bug out plan?
Every person that has a family needs a prepping bug out plan. Even if you don’t have a family you need a bug out plan. A bug out plan has the potential to save your life. If a disaster or emergency occurs, you can become easily stressed and flustered. This can cost you much needed time and may expose you and your loved ones to danger. To cut down on this dawdling when a disaster occurs, having a bug out plan implemented will be your savior.
What should my bug out plan include?
A bug out plan must take many factors into account. If you have kids, are they at school? If you have a spouse, are they going to be at work? If you’re at work, what’s your next move? There are many, many factors that need to be taken into account. Below is a list of important questions to ask yourself that will help you build a plan:
● Who is going to pick up the kids from school?
● Where should the kids go to wait for a parent to pick them up?
● What steps should be taken once a disaster is recognized? (e.g. who takes what supplies, shutting off water at the house, etc.)
● What vehicles or modes of transportation should be taken where?
● What is the meet up location?
● Who grabs the important documents?
● Who’s responsible for getting the emergency money out of the house / bank along with other valuables?
● And many, many more that depend on personal circumstances
Implement the plan
Now that the plan has been written and decided upon, it’s up to every member of the family to remember the steps. A proper amount of time should be spent explaining the details to the children of the family, as they will be the most prone to not remember. They have to realize how important this plan is for them to remember it. Whether it's grandma's house, a cabin tucked away or a tent in the woods, have a plan ready for somewher to go. Hopefully you will never have to use your bug out plan, but if you do, make sure to take decisive action, as it will benefit your family greatly. Having your survival products and information on hand will be a key companion.